[Haskell-cafe] Re: Hackage web page

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 2 12:20:04 EST 2008

In message <404396ef0801020830t7a6f8bc3ydf01ca829a2af778 at mail.gmail.com> "Neil
Mitchell" <ndmitchell at gmail.com> writes:
> Hi,
>
> The hackage web page confuses me:
> http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/hackage.html

> Hackage has now graduated from being a nice idea to being a critial
> user-focused thingy, which is great. Perhaps the website needs a
> little bit of thought along those lines. This isn't intended to be a
> complaint at all - just a new perspective to the people who develop it
> and probably don't read the web page at all.

You're quite right. We'd welcome a rewrite. You or anyone else is most welcome
to send us a new version in .html or any other format.

If there are no immediate volunteers then someone should file a bug against the
HackageDB component in our tracker so we do not forget.
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage

Duncan