[Haskell-cafe] Consensus about databases / serialization

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Thu Jan 3 09:45:42 EST 2008

Peter Verswyvelen wrote:
>  Looks good! I liked relational algebra much much more than SQL, so I'll
> certainly have to look into that.

I agree. I have not tried haskelldb yet, but I would
like to.

My impression from some previous posts is that
because of the high-level approach, it is difficult
to control the precise SQL that is generated. In practice,
you almost always have to do some tweaking that is
at least DB-dependent, and often application dependent.

Is there any way to do that in haskelldb? If not,
is there an obvious way to add it?

Thanks,
Yitz