[Haskell-cafe] Refactoring status

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet.be
Thu Jan 3 14:05:07 EST 2008

> HaRe works with both Emacs and VIM; you can also use it from a command
> prompt meaning that it can be integrated into any tool that you require.
> Indeed, there was even some investigation of porting it to Sub Etha Edit
> with great success!

Cool! I'll check it out. However, I'm using some GHC extensions, so that is
indeed a show stopper :)

> You mean a syntax-directed editor, right?

Yes, but also that a compiler should directly read the syntax tree; the
frontend part of the compiler should really be the editor, providing
round-trip editing between text <-> AST. Nothing new really, I used to work
with a 6502 assembler on the Commodore 64 that did exactly that :)

Cheers,
Peter