[Haskell-cafe] Refactoring status

C.M.Brown cmb21 at kent.ac.uk
Thu Jan 3 19:26:34 EST 2008

Hi,

> A possible first goal would be, to add extensions that are definitely in
> Haskell prime, see:
>    http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/haskell-prime/wiki/Status'#definitely-inProposalStatus

Oh great! Thanks for the link, I think the main issue is moving over to a
platform that is heavily maintained (such as GHC) and then working
towards, say, haskell prime coverage as a first goal.

> It would be nice to have it built in to the functional programming
> extensions of Eclipse
> ( http://eclipsefp.sourceforge.net/ )

Yes, I actually did some work on this but due to time restrictions it was
never finished. However, it wouldn't be difficult to add HaRe to any type
of interactive environment. HaRe is called from the command prompt and
requires positional and region information from the editor together with
the facility to display a prompt and read answers.

I would love to be able to work with people who may be interested in
porting HaRe to editors such as Eclipse... :)

Cheers,
Chris.