[Haskell-cafe] GHC's dynamic linker and Windows

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet.be
Sun Jan 6 18:01:17 EST 2008

I recently tried the latest version of HS-PLUGINS, and it gave an error on
Windows. After a bit of Googling it seemed Conal Elliot had the same
problem. I reported this problem to the author. This is also (one of) the
reason why I could not get YI running on Windows.

Now, according to the documentation, HS-PLUGINS seems to be mainly a handy
wrapper around GHC's dynamic linker and compiler. Suppose I would use GHC's
dynamic linker, interpreter and compiler directly (aha "GHC as a library");
does this work on Windows, or are there known problems with these?

Thanks,

Peter