[Haskell-cafe] Implicit parameters and Arrows/Yampa?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 05:40:49 EST 2008

Hello Peter,

> Here's a thought: I hardly know Haskell, but I can already write
> some code much faster and easier than I could do in C/C++ (and I've
> been programming 2 decades in that language, plus my colleagues tell
> me I'm pretty productive at it...). So I wonder what the
> productivity becomes when you can write code as quickly as Claude seemed to do here...

are you hear about 7-zip? it's rather popular high-ratio compressor.
last two years i've developed my own archiver and outperformed 7-zip
in functionality. when people ask why i don't joined 7-zip project
instead (it's LGPL-licensed), i say what using C++ i will develop the
same program 3x slower

[1] http://freearc.sf.net

--
Best regards,