[Haskell-cafe] Problems with Unicode Symbols as Infix Function Names in Propositional Calculus Haskell DSL

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Wed Jan 9 12:24:17 EST 2008

cetin.sert:
>    I want to design a DSL in Haskell for propositional calculus. But instead
>    of using natural language names for functions like or, and, implies etc. I
>    want to use Unicode symbols as infix functions NOT,  *, *, ->, <-> But I
>    keep getting error messages from the GHC parser. Is there a way to make
>    GHC parse my source files correctly? If it is not possible yet, please
>    consider this as a "feature request".

The "survey of Haskell unicode support" might have some advice,

    http://blog.kfish.org/2007/10/survey-haskell-unicode-support.html

See also -XUnicodeSyntax for enabling unicode keywords for -> <- forall
et al.

This is turning into an FAQ, so clarifying the unicode support in the
GHC user's guide would be a good result.

-- Don