[Haskell-cafe] Re: Tim Sweeney (the gamer)

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Thu Jan 10 14:51:37 EST 2008

barsoap:
> "Sebastian Sylvan" <sebastian.sylvan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Concurrency
> > does seem pretty disruptive.
> >
> Yes, the thought of using par on a dual quad-core makes me salivate.

Haskell is (in a very small part) driving sales of multicore boxes --
I've met half a dozen people who nominated Haskell's multicore support
as a deciding reason to explicit get a multi-core box.

Maybe we need to get some kickbacks from the hardware vendors, for
helping their sales :)

Intel, AMD, Nvidia -- are you guys listening??

In return, we can improve the parallelism support further.

--Don