[Haskell-cafe] Re: Re: Displaying # of reductions after eachcomputation in ghci?

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Tue Jan 15 00:18:43 EST 2008

In lambda calculus you can take a beta reduction as the step.
But Haskell is not normally implemented by lambda calculus so you have to
pick something else.
There are measures of reduction that you can come up with but they will
vary, e.g., by compiler, optimization level, etc.
I think time is a much more interesting measure, since that's what you
really care about in the end.