[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: Haddock version 2.0.0.0

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Wed Jan 16 15:28:53 EST 2008

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008, David Waern wrote:

> Changes in version 2.0.0.0:
>
>   * The GHC API is used as the front-end

It's great to see this progress in Haddock. However, is Haddock now more
difficult to port than before? Is there some bug- and feature request
tracker for Haddock? I only know of
  http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haddock/Development_ideas
 and the first big point seems to be finished now.

 I like to have the following enhancements:

 * Optionally show qualifications of identifiers, that is print
"Sequence.map" rather than "map", "Music.T" rather than just "T". The
option for haddock could be
     --qualification QUAL
           QUAL=none   (default) strip off qualification (just "map")
           QUAL=orig   show the identifiers as they are written in the module (e.g. "map" or "List.map")
           QUAL=full   show all identifiers with full qualification (Data.List.map)
   Actually I tried to implement it by myself in the old Haddock, but I
could not precisely identify the place, where the qualification is
removed.

 * Documentation of arguments of type constructors other than 'top level' arrows. E.g.
    T (a {- ^ arg -}  ->  b {- ^ result -} )
    (a {- ^ arg -}  ->  b {- ^ result -} ) -> c
    (a {- ^ x coord -}, b {- ^ y coord -}) -> c
   It's probably difficult to format properly in HTML.