[Haskell-cafe] Re: Compiling Blobs

Miguel Vilaça jmvilaca at di.uminho.pt
Thu Jan 17 09:51:46 EST 2008

Peter Verswyvelen wrote:
> I'm trying to build http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/darcs/Blobs using GHC
> 6.8.2. It looks like a good Haskell program to learn from.
>
> So far I managed to modify the source code so it makes use of the new
> HaXML libraries, and after a lot of hacking I could build and link to
> wxHaskell, but my app crashes (I do get a window however, woohoo)
>
> Maybe someone else managed already?
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

Hi Peter,
I have Blobs compiling and running in my machine.
Its an Kubuntu Gutsy with GHC 6.6.1 and HaXml 1.19.SOMETHING (I'm using
a repository version but not yet the current one)
This implies some minor changes that I've as local patches, that I can
send to you as soon as I find how to get a file per patch from the
repository.

The big issue is always to be able to get wxHaskell compiled and working
properly.
I'm currently using a recent (1 or 2 weeks old) version of wxHaskell
from its official repository  (darcs get
http://darcs.haskell.org/wxhaskell) and wxGTK 2.6.3

You can find more information in INblobs (INblobs is done on top of
Bblobs) webpage : http://haskell.di.uminho.pt/jmvilaca/INblobs/