[Haskell-cafe] First go at reactive programming

Steve Lihn stevelihn at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 09:14:47 EST 2008

Reactive-0.3 seems to have a dependency on TypeCompose-0.3. Earlier
version does not work (for lack of Data.Pair). This probably should be
specified in Cabal file.

I aslo fixed all the LANGUAGE problems and now encountered the
following error in TypeCompose:

[4 of 9] Compiling Control.Compose  ( src/Control/Compose.hs,
dist/build/Control/Compose.o )
src/Control/Compose.hs:561:0: parse error on input `deriving'

I tried to restored the commented out "deriving Monoid" and got pass
that. Not sure if that is right though. Back to reactive-0.3, I
encountered:

src/Data/Future.hs:60:27:
    Module `Control.Monad' does not export `forever'

Forever is in the latest library, but not in my GHC 6.6. I am not sure
how to get this fixed. Any suggestion?

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/base/Control-Monad.html

Steve