[Haskell-cafe] Control.Concurrent.STM.old?

Tim Harris (RESEARCH) tharris at microsoft.com
Mon Jan 21 21:07:07 EST 2008

Hi,

I don't think we included this in the version we checked in.

It should be fairly easy to add to the current implementation: it will mirror ReadTVar except that the old value is always selected.

I'm afraid I can't remember exactly why we didn't include it.  One reason might have been that it would constrain alternative implementations -- for example one built over hardware transactional memory which might not necessarily provide access to the old state.

Tim