[Haskell-cafe] haskeem -- (almost) scheme in haskell

Uwe Hollerbach uhollerbach at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 00:58:58 EST 2008

Hello, haskellers, I am a total newbie in haskell, but I've been
making some mud pies that are coming out kinda pleasingly to my
admittedly biased eye. I found Jonathan Tang's excellent tutorial
"Write yourself a scheme in 48 hours" a few weeks ago, went through
and beyond that, and now have something that's starting to look
moderately like a real scheme interpreter. I've got much, though not
all, of the scheme number tower implemented, I have most of the core
syntactic forms (and, apply, begin, case cond, define, if, lambda,
let, let*, letrec, letrec*, or, quote, set!) and am working on a few
more (delay and force are well along, guard is also in progress but
less so), and I have implemented a small trace facility. It's still a
toy, but it's starting to be a toy with some nice dance moves. I think
it could do the majority of the code in SICP by now. If you'd like to
have a look, please surf over to
http://www.korgwal.com/software/haskeem/index.html. Feedback welcome!

best regards,
Uwe Hollerbach