[Haskell-cafe] Ann: Drawing with Cairo: Getting Started

Hans van Thiel hthiel.char at zonnet.nl
Wed Jan 23 11:56:45 EST 2008

Hello All,

There is now an appendix to the Gtk2Hs tutorial on getting started with
Cairo drawing. It's not actually about drawing, but on how to get
drawings on the screen and how to write them to .png, .pdf, .ps. or .svg
files. Though this is very easy, the 'recipes' are not self-evident, so
this mini-tutorial could save prospective users some time. See:
http://darcs.haskell.org/gtk2hs/docs/tutorial/Tutorial_Port/app1.xhtml
or:
http://j-van-thiel.speedlinq.nl/gtk2hs/app1.html

I'd like to add, for Spanish readers, that the Gtk2Hs tutorial itself
has been translated into Spanish. See:
http://darcs.haskell.org/gtk2hs/docs/tutorial/Tutorial_Port/es-index.xhtml
or:
http://j-van-thiel.speedlinq.nl/gtk2hs/es-index.html

Alex Tarkovsky's Glade tutorial
http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/docs/tutorial/glade/
has also been translated into Spanish:
http://j-van-thiel.speedlinq.nl/glade/es-index.html

The translator of both texts prefers to be known as Laszlo Keuschnig. In
case anyone wonders, this is not me, though I wish..

Best Regards,

Hans van Thiel