[Haskell-cafe] Re: anybody can tell me the pronuncation of?"haskell"?

Chung-chieh Shan ccshan at post.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 29 22:13:19 EST 2008

jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr wrote in article <courier.479F5ED0.00000D92 at averell> in gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe:
> Arigato gozaimasu.
>
> Jerzy Karczmarczuk.
>
> PS. If you think that "arigato" is a genuine Japanese word, well, check
> how the appropriately translated word is spelled in Portuguese...

I'm not sure what you mean by "genuine", but I suspect that whether
"arigato" is genuine does not depend on Portuguese.
http://linguistlist.org/issues/12/12-1871.html
http://linguistlist.org/issues/12/12-1906.html

--
Edit this signature at http://www.digitas.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/ken/sig
It is intensely annoying to an old Lisp hacker to see Java succeeding