[Haskell-cafe] Poor libraries documentation

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 21:18:02 EST 2008

Hi

> > Neil is on Windows. Windows doesn't have man pages (or libc).
>
> Standard C math library does always contain trigonometric functions -
> doesn't it?

My libc (as installed by Visual Studio, and called msvscrt) comes with
all these functions, but no manpages, and the MSDN (manpages for
Windows) are too big to install on this machine. I answered my queries
in the end by googling and finding the GNU libc documentation, but
thats not where I want it.

It isn't something that would throw a C programmer off, but it is
something that could confuse a pure Haskell programmer. And the only
way I could be sure of radians versus degrees was by trying it out,
not a great strategy for determining the implementation of functions!

Thanks

Neil