[Haskell-cafe] ANN: The Disciplined Disciple Compiler - alpha 1.1
Ben.Lippmeier at anu.edu.au
Thu Jul 3 08:12:30 EDT 2008
I'm pleased to announce version 1.1
of the Disciplined Disciple Compiler (DDC)
Disciple is an explicitly lazy dialect of Haskell which supports:
- first class destructive update of arbitrary data.
- computational effects without the need for state monads.
- type directed field projections.
- allied functional goodness.
All this and more through the magic of effect typing.
New in this version:
- support for x86_64 under linux and darwin, thanks to Jared Putnam.
- the -make flag now does a full dependency driven build/rebuild.
- constructor classes.
- irrefutable patterns.
- partial support for monadic do notation.
- an unboxed Bool# type with true# and false# literals.
- field projection punning.
- lots more example code.
Project page with full release notes and download at:
DDC: more than lambdas.
More information about the Haskell-Cafe