[Haskell-cafe] ANN: The Disciplined Disciple Compiler - alpha 1.1

Robin Green greenrd at greenrd.org
Thu Jul 3 09:09:04 EDT 2008

Is there any work on combining effect typing with extended static
checking or full-blown formal verification (e.g. proof-carrying code)?
My hunch would be that an impure functional language like this (OCaml is
another example) makes optimisation easier, compared to Haskell - but at
the expense of making formal reasoning about the code potentially as
complicated and hard as formal reasoning about, say, Java code.

Of course, the way in which programmers choose to use the language
would impact how easy their code is to reason about. But from the
standpoint of ease of reasoning, I'm leaning towards sticking with pure
languages for the time being, in my research.
--
Robin