[Haskell-cafe] Hoogle often updates ?

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 03:50:09 EDT 2008

Hi,

>  I have just been asked for usage of timer in haskell. Which I did not
>  remember clearly. So I ask the search engine.
>
>  In Hoogle: timer
>  In Google: haskell timer

Hoogle does not search the general web, just the libraries supplied
with GHC. A quick scan of the first few Google results shows nothing
particularly obvious - what were you hoping Hoogle found?

>  After I tried these, I wonder, when and how often the hoogle update its
>  database?

Now and then. I think it should be up to date with respect to GHC
6.8.2 at the moment.

> And, could hoogle search range cover the hackages?

Yes, I'm currently working on this as a Summer of Code project.
http://neilmitchell.blogspot.com/2008/04/summer-of-code-2008.html

Hopefully, by the end of the Summer, Hoogle will search all of hackage.

Thanks

Neil