[Haskell-cafe] Inductive graphs memory usage

Andre Nathan andre at digirati.com.br
Thu Jul 10 20:15:39 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 16:52 -0700, Don Stewart wrote:
> Well, they're radically different graph representations, and fgl
> hasn't been designed for large graphs.

Do you know if King and Launchbury's implementation (Data.Graph) scales
better?

> What C library is Ruby's binding to? It might be quite cheap to bind
> to that. I've been on the look out for a good C graph lib to use for
> Haskell bindings for a while..

None. I've built my own representing the graph as a hash table with
nodes as keys and arrays of nodes as values, and I'm using ruby's hash
and array classes (which are written in C) for that.

Did you have a look at igraph [http://cneurocvs.rmki.kfki.hu/igraph/]?
It would probably be a lot of work to bind to it (it has many public
functions), but it looks nice and has bindings for a few languages.

Andre