[Haskell-cafe] Template Haskell and haskell-src-exts

Niklas Broberg niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 14:37:03 EDT 2008

>   Can one represent the ''Type template Haskell syntax of
>
>  $( makeMergeable ''FileDescriptorProto )
>
>  in haskell-src.exts Language.Haskell.Exts.Syntax ?
>
>  And what are the HsReify data (e.g. HsReifyType and HsReifyDecl and
> HsReifyFixity )?
>
>  I don't see any pretty print capability to produce the ''Type so I am
> wondering what else I might use...

Hi Chris,

like Jeremy said the support for TH in haskell-src-exts is legacy from
GHC pre-6.4 (iirc) and needs updating. So don't look too closely at
the things that are in there right now. It shouldn't be hard to fix to
work with 6.8, I just need to find the time to sit down and do it.
I'll try to get it fixed this week.

Cheers,

/Niklas