[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: Sun Microsystems and Haskell.org joint project on OpenSPARC

Ben Lippmeier Ben.Lippmeier at anu.edu.au
Thu Jul 24 20:54:13 EDT 2008

The UltraSPARC T1/T2 architecture supports very fast thread
synchronisation (by taking advantage of the fact that all threads
share the same L2 cache).

Ah, scratch that second part then - though this is perhaps less of an
issue when you have 4MB of L2 cache, vs the 256k cache for the machine
in the paper.

Ben.