[Haskell-cafe] LDAP 0.6.3 build failure

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 19:39:35 EDT 2008

  I'm trying to build the LDAP libs, version 0.6.3, on a recent
  MacBook Air with OpenLDAP 2.3.27 (the version of OpenLDAP
  shipped by Apple).

  The "atom sorting error" I get from `ld` is outside my range
  of knowledge -- if some could advise me on how to get around
  it, I'd be much obliged. I'm using the Apple toolchain to do
  do the build.

--
_jsn

 :; Setup configure && Setup build
Configuring LDAP-0.6.3...
Preprocessing library LDAP-0.6.3...
Building LDAP-0.6.3...
ar: creating archive dist/build/libHSLDAP-0.6.3.a
ld: atom sorting error for
_LDAPzm0zi6zi3_LDAPziTypesLL_Berval_closure_tbl and
_LDAPzm0zi6zi3_LDAPziTypesLL_CLDAP_closure_tbl in
dist/build/LDAP/TypesLL.o