[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: Pipe 1.0

Matti Niemenmaa matti.niemenmaa+news at iki.fi
Sat Jun 21 15:33:56 EDT 2008

Don Stewart wrote:
> Interesting.
> Does it depend on an unreleased version of the process library?

Indeed it does. Actually most of the code was written using the current released
version, I just jumped the gun a bit when I saw how nice the new interface was.

I'm hoping that the release of the new process library (GHC ticket #2233) isn't
that far off, which is why I figured I'd shove Pipe out in this state. If that's
not the case and it turns out that people want to use Pipe without the hassle, I
might be persuaded to release a version that doesn't need it.

The only 'real' dependency that can't be worked around is the handlePipe
function, which is only a non-exported optimization that gets applied via RULES.