[Haskell-cafe] IMAP and NNTP libraries

Chris Eidhof chris at eidhof.nl
Mon Jun 23 17:02:20 EDT 2008

On 23 jun 2008, at 22:26, Spencer Janssen wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 02:52:33AM -0300, Maurí cio wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Are there mature libraries for IMAP and NNTP
>> available to Haskell?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Maurício
>
> There is the haskellnet project:
>
>    http://darcs.haskell.org/SoC/haskellnet/
>
> I'm not sure whether it is mature or maintained.
I don't think it's maintained or mature: last time I checked, I
couldn't get it to work (probably due to library changes), and there
is not a lot of documentation nor comments.

I was actually thinking of writing a binding myself, to libEtPan!,
which seems to have a well-documented and clean interface. I'm not
sure how hard this is though. I've also looked a bit at the UW c-
client, but I haven't seen any good examples of how to use it.

-chris