[Haskell-cafe] Parody of Darcs patch theory from 1981

Paul Johnson paul at cogito.org.uk
Sun Mar 2 11:53:09 EST 2008

I was looking through my old copy of "The Devil's DP Dictionary" by Stan
Kelly-Bootle, and came across the entry for Stepwise Refinement.  I
thought "I've seen this before: this is a parody of Darcs patch
theory".  It included the Null patch, chains of patches, inverse
patches, and pseudo-inverse patches.  But the book was published in 1981.

I've got the pages scanned, but I can't upload them to Wikimedia because
they are still in copyright.  However I'm quite sure that limited
distribution would fall into "fair use" (non-commercial, small part of
work, no impact on market, academic relevance).  The total file size is
about 520kBytes.  Assuming people would like to see them, does anyone
have any ideas beyond "email to requestors"?

Paul.