[Haskell-cafe] Parody of Darcs patch theory from 1981

Tim Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 12:26:55 EST 2008

On 3/2/08, Paul Johnson <paul at cogito.org.uk> wrote:
> I was looking through my old copy of "The Devil's DP Dictionary" by Stan
>  Kelly-Bootle, and came across the entry for Stepwise Refinement.  I
>  thought "I've seen this before: this is a parody of Darcs patch
>  theory".  It included the Null patch, chains of patches, inverse
>  patches, and pseudo-inverse patches.  But the book was published in 1981.
>
>  I've got the pages scanned, but I can't upload them to Wikimedia because
>  they are still in copyright.  However I'm quite sure that limited
>  distribution would fall into "fair use" (non-commercial, small part of
>  work, no impact on market, academic relevance).  The total file size is
>  about 520kBytes.  Assuming people would like to see them, does anyone
>  have any ideas beyond "email to requestors"?

I would be entertained, but perhaps this might be more on-topic on the
darcs-users mailing list (and interested parties might be more likely
to see it there, since not everyone can keep up with haskell-cafe) :-)

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Chevalier * http://cs.pdx.edu/~tjc * Often in error, never in doubt
"Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the