[Haskell-cafe] Starting Haskell with a web application

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 04:16:40 EST 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 8:25 PM, Adam Langley <agl at imperialviolet.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Bryan O'Sullivan <bos at serpentine.com> wrote:
>  >  Indeed.  In addition to the code you mention, people like Adam Langley
>  >  and Johan Tibbell are taking on corners of the web app problem space in
>  >  a more modern context.
>
>  I should probably speak up then ;)

Me too! ;)

I'm writing a web application server which I'm trying to make as
simple to manage as Mongrel [1], a popular Ruby web server used to
host web application written in e.g. Ruby on Rails. It uses Oleg style
enumerators and ByteString internally to safely an efficiently manage
resources. The web application interface is that of Python's WSGI [2]
but adapted to a Haskell style. I've been busy lately but starting
this weekend I will have much more time to work on it and can
hopefully make a first release.

1. http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/ - I believe the original author left
the project so the projects original website is gone.
2. http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0333/

-- Johan