[Haskell-cafe] all threads are blocked by recvFrom

Vitaliy Akimov vitaliy.akimov at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 09:48:03 EDT 2008

Hello, I have a problem with building multithreaded UDP server. If
main thread is waiting for new request in recvFrom all other threads
are blocked too. I've checked every variant with
forkIO,forkOS,-threaded etc, nothing's helped.  After reading GHC docs
I've understood this is happened becouse foreign function call from
recvFrom (network library) is marked to be unsefe, so it's execution
blocks every other thread.  How can I resolve it?

Thank you.
Vitaliy.