[Haskell-cafe] Using HaskellDb to connect to PostgresSql

Marc Mertens marc.lisp at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 13:55:03 EDT 2008

Hello,

     I'm trying to learn to use HaskellDb. I have managed to finally compile and
install it on my linux box (I have ghc 6.8.2). But when I try to create a
database description (as described in
http://haskelldb.sourceforge.net/getting-started.html) (using DBDirect-dynamic
instead of DBDirect) I'm stuck. I have tried different names for the driver but
I always get the message 'DBDirect-dynamic: user error (Missing field driver)'.
Has someone get this working for PostgresSQL and if so, can he/she help me out
with some instructions. Also if someone has some pointers to more recent
documentation of HaskellDB, I would really be pleased if I could get these.

Marc Mertens