[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haddock Help Required

Dominic Steinitz dominic.steinitz at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Mar 29 04:56:56 EDT 2008

David Waern <david.waern <at> gmail.com> writes:

> 2008/3/24, Dominic Steinitz <dominic.steinitz <at> blueyonder.co.uk>:
> > What should I be using for the file name for the read-interface option
> >  in haddock?
>
> You must use a file that is on your own hard drive and that is
> generated with version 2.0 of Haddock, since that is what you're
> using. The interface file format was changed in Haddock 2.0 due its
> use of GHC data types, so you can't use 0.x interface files.
>
> You need to generate base.haddock with Haddock 2.0. One way to do
> that, is to make sure Haddock 2.0 is installed, then get the GHC 6.8.2
> sources (with core libs) and build that with Haddock docs enabled.
>
> Hope this helps,
> David

Thanks I've done this

dom at lagrange:~/asn15/asn1> haddock -v -html -o hdoc Pretty.hs -B
/usr/lib/ghc-6.8.2 --optghc="-fglasgow-exts"
--read-interface=http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/6.8.2/html/libraries/base,/home/dom/ghc-6.8.2/libraries/base/dist/doc/html/base/base.haddock

but now when I click on e.g. Integer I get directed to

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/6.8.2/html/libraries/base/GHC-Num.html#t%3AInteger

which doesn't exist.

Integer actually exists in

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/6.8.2/html/libraries/base/Prelude.html#t%3AInteger

What do I need to do to get haddock to point at the right links?

Dominic.