[Haskell-cafe] haskell compiler on NetBSD amd64

Donn Cave donn at avvanta.com
Sat May 10 17:36:43 EDT 2008

On Sat, 10 May 2008 12:13:16 -0700
Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> wrote:

> I wonder if it is still possible to use the .hc files already generated
> for the OpenBSD/amd64 port, and use those to do the port to
> NetBSD/amd64.
>
>     http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/lang/ghc/

That sounds fine to me, if I understand you right - I managed
to install an OpenBSD partition this afternoon, but if I can
skip that step, that's fine with me.  I don't see any .hc files
at that link, though.

> Actually, with headers starting to diverge, it might make more sense to
> just generate the amd64/netbsd .hc files from i386/netbsd -- where
> there's already a working ghc.

I have ghc 6.4.1 on NetBSD 3.0 i386.  That's the idea, right?  as
apparently 6.8 is known to not build from .hc files.  I don't
understand `with headers starting to diverge'.

	Donn Cave, donn at avvanta.com

--
Donn Cave <donn at avvanta.com>