[Haskell-cafe] saner shootout programs

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Tue May 13 14:22:07 EDT 2008

Hello Richard,

Tuesday, May 13, 2008, 8:23:59 PM, you wrote:

> Yes it was just a plausible guess, but not contradicted by the experts.
> And that was using the Windows version of GHC so other versions may
> have better optimisation. I don't know how to check, maybe the experts
> can illuminate the subject?

note that my letter was not contradicted too LOL

1. many experts just don't read this list due to its high traffic,
write into ghc-users instead

2. ghc is too large system and no one know all its details. this
particular option may be set up 10 years ago and never
touched/studied by anyone since then. for example, i'm ghc performance
expert [to some degree], but i don't know anything about its build
system. all that i can tell is that ghc base library build times don't
prohibit use of -O2

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com