[Haskell-cafe] Re: Endianess

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Wed May 14 14:56:37 EDT 2008

On Wed, 14 May 2008, Dan Weston wrote:

> Henning Thielemann wrote:
>>
>> http://www.verein-zwanzigeins.de/
>
> So I've always wondered, if you are writing down a number being dictated
> (slowly) by someone else, like 234, do you write the 2, then leave space and
> write the 4, then go back and fill in with 3? Or do you push the 4 onto the
> stack until the 3 arrives, and write 34 at once.

Of course, we write down 243, realize the mistake and rewrite the number.
:-) Actually, many pupils have problems with the mixed order of digits and
give solutions like this one in examinations:
   8 * 8 = 46
  because they write the digits as they speak them. That's one of the
reasons the mentioned assocation was founded for.