[Haskell-cafe] Richer (than ascii) notation for haskell source?

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Thu May 15 08:24:38 EDT 2008

On 2008 May 15, at 3:03, Yitzchak Gale wrote:

> Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
>> Adjacent different scripts in general is probably a reasonable token
>> discriminator.  A "token" combining LTR and RTL, for example, is just
>> confusing.
>
> So you would like to ban identifiers that contain both
> letters and digits for those who happen to speak languages
> whose letters are RTL? I must protest.

Mmmm, more specification needed.  Add "letter" to the constraint.

(compressing messages)
As to your assertion of discrimination against Greek:  my point was
that mathematical notation *already* discriminates against speakers of
Greek by appropriating their alphabet for its own purposes, so if you
want to enable a mathematical-notation language mode it's already
difficult to support a Greek localization.  (I do wonder how modern
Greek mathematicians deal with this....)

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu