[Haskell-cafe] Fun with Darcs

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 15 18:05:53 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 01:01 +0400, Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> Hello Andrew,
>
> Thursday, May 15, 2008, 12:49:32 AM, you wrote:
>
> > touch. Now, let's see what this IDE actually looks li-- oh you have GOT
> > to be KIDDING me! It can't find the right GTK DLL?!?
>
> gtk2hs includes *developer* gtk2 environment.

Which includes all the runtime dlls.

>  while it should work fine (as far as it's in your path), you may try
> to install *runtime* gtk2 environment from
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=71914&package_id=255391

I would not recommend that. I'd use the dlls that come with gtk2hs.

Of course if you're deploying a Windows program that uses gtk2hs then
using just the runtime dlls is just the right thing to do. Though for
that case we provide the runtime dlls:

http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/win32/

As an example, here's an installer for a standalone prog that uses
gtk2hs but doesn't need ghc or gtk2hs to be installed already:

http://haskell.org/~duncan/gtk2hs/LSystemSetup.exe

Duncan