[Haskell-cafe] Re: Write Haskell as fast as C. [Was: Re: GHC predictability]

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Sat May 17 11:47:52 EDT 2008

My dream would be to write the high-level thing *and* some high-level,
composable specification of my performance requirements.  If the compiler
can't meet the requirements, then it tells me so, together with helpful
information about what broke down.  Using the error message, I then add some
annotations and/or tweak my code and try again.  Just like static
type-checking.

  - Conal