[Haskell-cafe] hmp3 compilation problem

Levi Stephen levi.stephen at gmail.com
Thu May 8 19:22:37 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to compile hmp3. I have the version from darcs at
http://code.haskell.org/~dons/code/hmp3

I am getting the following errors:

Tree.hs:190:14:
   No instance for (Binary FilePathP)
     arising from a use of `get' at Tree.hs:190:14-16
   Possible fix: add an instance declaration for (Binary FilePathP)
   In a 'do' expression: nm <- get
   In the expression:
       do nm <- get
          i <- get
          return (File nm i)
   In the definition of `get':
       get = do nm <- get
                i <- get
                return (File nm i)

Tree.hs:236:31:
   Couldn't match expected type `L.ByteString'
          against inferred type
`bytestring-0.9.0.1:Data.ByteString.Lazy.Internal.ByteString'
   In the second argument of `L.writeFile', namely
       `(compress (encode s))'
   In the expression: L.writeFile f (compress (encode s))
   In the definition of `writeTree':
       writeTree f s = L.writeFile f (compress (encode s))

Tree.hs:240:46:
   Couldn't match expected type
`bytestring-0.9.0.1:Data.ByteString.Lazy.Internal.ByteString'
          against inferred type `L.ByteString'
   In the first argument of `decompress', namely `s'
   In the first argument of `decode', namely `(decompress s)'
   In the first argument of `return', namely `(decode (decompress s))'

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Levi