[Haskell-cafe] Mapping Haskell Concepts To C# 3

Kaveh Shahbazian kaveh.shahbazian at gmail.com
Sun May 18 09:59:28 EDT 2008

Hi

(I did not received your message in my mail box and I have seen it on
mailing list. I dot know why this happened (?).)

/*
    Maybe I am misguessing why you are asking your question, but wouldn't it
be better to ask how to map these Haskell concepts to CLR? If so, check out
work on Mondrian.
*/

My intention is to employ Haskell techniques in C# where it fits. If I were
going to implement Haskell on CLR the way you mentioned was proper.

For something like: type Thing a b = ThisWay a | ThatWay b | NoWay actually
there is no equivalents for data constructor in C# 3 (I think). I asked it
if there are other ideas about this: Controlling the execution path by
deciding based of structure of data with a trick other than reflecting!

Thank you