[Haskell-cafe] Re: Parsec3 performance issues (in relation to v2)

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Sun May 18 12:37:27 EDT 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Antoine Latter <aslatter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Neal, those two profiling results aren't really comparable, because
> your Parsec2 profiling doesn't include any cost-centers from the
> Parsec library - so all of the costs associated with Parsec2 will be
> assigned to cost-centers in EQ2Parse.

Self-reply:  Or is it possible that Parsec2 is so much faster that it
doesn't even show up in the .prof results?

+ The largest cost center in the Parsec2 results is the EQ2Parse
function "until"
+ The largest cost center in the Parsec3 result is the Parsec function
"manyTill", which (in the prof results) is only called by "until" in
EQ2Parse.

Which is consistent with my previous reasoning, at least.

Antoine