[Haskell-cafe] Experimental compilation of Haskell to Erlang

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Mon May 19 13:32:28 EDT 2008

Dimitry Golubovsky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some time ago I became interested in compilation of Haskell programs
> (via Yhc Core) to Erlang to be able to run Haskell code in Erlang
> environment.

Two (somewhat tangental) thoughts come to mind.

1. Should it not, in theory at least, be *relatively* easy to target
Haskell at anything that has a graph reduction machine? (You target
Erlang, somebody else has targetted JavaScript, I myself attempted to
target Java...)

2. How come all these projects use Yhc? According to the wiki, Yhc
doesn't even _work_ yet. What gives?