[Haskell-cafe] HDBC with SQL Server / OBDC

Greg Matheson greg at momotaro.chinmin.edu.tw
Sun May 25 23:29:46 EDT 2008

On Sun, 25 May 2008, Morten Holm Pedersen wrote:

> am trying to do a simple DB connection from Haskell to a SQL Server 2005
> (on Windows obviously). The DSN name ("Nylon") works from C++ but when
> running the below example (or any other I can think of) ghci crashes.

I have been having the same (or similar) problem with HDBC and
SQL Server. I have no problem using HDBC and SQLite on Windows,
and also have no problems with perl's DBI and DBD::ODBC
connecting to the SQL Server database with the same DSN.

But I don't know where to point the finger, and I don't know what
to do next. It does seem strange that there is no error message
when ghci crashes.

--
Dr Bean                      Autonomous language learning:
                             My next project after overseeing