[Haskell-cafe] Aren't type system extensions fun? [Further analysis]

Kim-Ee Yeoh a.biurvOir4 at asuhan.com
Thu May 29 08:33:18 EDT 2008

Luke Palmer-2 wrote:

> You have now introduced a first-class type function a la dependent
> types, which I believe makes the type system turing complete.  This
> does not help the decidability of inference :-)

God does not care about our computational difficulties. He infers
types emp^H^H^H ... uh, as He pleases.

Anyway, the original point of it was semantic. Let's first
explore the meaning of "the most general type." Type functions
give one answer, intersection types another.

-- Kim-Ee (yeoh at cs dot wisc dot edu)