[Haskell-cafe] I/O without monads, using an event loop

Jake Mcarthur jake.mcarthur at gmail.com
Fri May 30 11:59:42 EDT 2008

On May 30, 2008, at 9:09 AM, Robin Green wrote:

> eventMain :: (Event, SystemState AppState) -> (Command, SystemState
> AppState)

The first thing I would do with this type is probably wrap it up in a
State monad so I don't have to keep track of the SystemState AppState
stuff myself, which completely defeats the purpose. I don't think this
really makes anything simpler at all.

Also see FRP for a perhaps more practical way of approaching IO as
event streams.

- Jake