[Haskell-cafe] huge single file syncronization

Robin Green greenrd at greenrd.org
Mon Nov 3 16:49:32 EST 2008

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 22:16:14 +0100
"Alberto G. Corona " <agocorona at gmail.com> wrote:

> I need to backup  my ubuntu-VMWare image  frequently (5 GBits) . I
> need to know if exist such a utility (in haskell or not) for single
> file syncronization.

Why don't you just run rsync inside the virtual machine? That way, you
will avoid unnecessarily synchronising old data from deleted files, or
files that have been truncated.

A Haskell library and/or GUI for rsync (to allow you to configure all
the possible command-line options) would be a nice thing to have.
--
Robin