[Haskell-cafe] pure programs

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 02:52:19 EST 2008

Hello Jason,

Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 3:12:29 AM, you wrote:

>   Many useful programs that I would like to write in Haskell
>   don't fall into this category -- for example, network servers
>   -- but a lot of their components do. Can these components can
>   be Haskell functions without IO in their signatures?

pure function is one those result depends only on its arguments. as
far as you can provide "input stream" as an function argument, it
should be possible to write it in pure way (as far as you don't
concern efficiency. sometimes imperative algorithms mauy be just
faster than pure ones since data structures are different)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com