[Haskell-cafe] Problem installing curl

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Nov 11 14:31:44 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 10:49 -0800, Don Stewart wrote:

> > curl-1.3.2.1 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
> > sh: runGenProcess: does not exist (No such file or directory)
> >
> > I don't know what to do here. Can anybody help me please?
> >
> > I'm using the brand new GHC 6.10.1 on Windows Vista.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >

> Do you  have the curl C library installed?

The first problem is that curl uses a configure script and that needs
'sh' which needs mingw+msys or cygwin. That's what the error message is
obliquely reporting.

After that the next problem will be having the curl C lib installed.

> Either way, that error message from Cabal isn't very good. Duncan?

Filed: http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/403

It should be easy to fix. It's a nice simple bug for some new Cabal
contributor.

Speaking of Cabal contributors, we're a little short of them at the
moment. I welcome people to check out our list of easy tickets:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/report/13

And to see the guide to the code base:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/wiki/SourceGuide

Duncan