[Haskell-cafe] What *not* to use Haskell for

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 17:20:32 EST 2008

Hello Don,

Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 12:51:10 AM, you wrote:

> Do you have an example of a mutable state/ IO bound application, like,
> hmm, a window manager or a revision control system or a file system...?

not I/O, but IO :)

btw, i use C++ for speed-critical code (compression & encryprion) and
Haskell/GHC for everything else in my FreeArc project (it has 19k
downloads ATM). i also plan to switch to C# for GUI part since gtk2hs
provides less features, less documented, les debugged, doesn't have
IDE and my partner doesnt know Haskell :)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com