[Haskell-cafe] Good name for this operator?

Ariel J. Birnbaum valgarv at gmx.net
Sat Nov 15 17:59:09 EST 2008

Hi all!

When working with Applicative, I often find myself defining and using
this operator:

(<%>) :: (Applicative f) => f (a -> b) -> a -> f b
f <%> x = f <*> pure x

and always keep wondering whether it is already known by another name.

Can't find it in Control.Applicative. Hoogle didn't give me much either.

NB: In general, there's a weird obstacle I notice when writing Haskell:
 the unshakable feeling that whatever I write, there's already a better
 name for it and a more elegant implementation lying around. It can get
 downright paralyzing at times *shudder*

Have Fun,
--
Ariel J. Birnbaum